Your Secret Weapon: Content Amplification
In today’s competitive content marketing environment, it’s important to know how to make the best out of content amplification. Simple sharing content is not enough. Today, you absolutely must develop a strategy to push your content forward to the people who need it the most – through a content amplification strategy.
So, What Is Content Amplification?
Content amplification is the process of increasing the impact of your content across a wide variety of platforms to help it reach a significantly wider audience – hence, “amplifying” the signal of your content.
Statistics collected from BuzzSumo have shown the importance of not only publishing quality content but of promoting and amplifying your content. From an analysis of 1 million posts, the following surprising results were collected:
- 50% of randomly selected posts received 8 shares or less
- 75% of these posts received 39 shares or less
- 75% of these posts achieved zero referring domain links
A big mistake for many businesses is producing content that is “trendy”, instead of focusing on creating personal and conversation-worthy content. By making content more personal and emotional, businesses can foster stronger relationships with their viewers.
A great way to build trustworthy connections with your audience is through influencer marketing. Find an influencer with a loyal following to help promote your business.
How Do You Create a Great Content Amplification Strategy?
Figure out what your goals are for your content by considering:
- Who are your target personas/audiences?
- Who are your ideal buyers?
- Do you want to increase brand awareness, reach, revenue, etc.?
- What are your KPI’s?
What Are Some Distribution Methods & Ideas for Content Amplification?
- Instagram marketing & Instagram ads
- Twitter (promoted tweets)
- Use social proof and user-generated content
- Instagram scheduling & Instagram stories
- Blog posts
- Influencer Marketing
- Facebook Ads
- Content Distribution Networks like (Taboola and Outbrain)
- Google Adwords
- And so many more!
How do I Best Serve my Ideal Buyer?
The buyer journey has four steps:
1. Awareness Stage: Buyer realizes they have a problem.
TOP TIP: Make sure people know you exist! You want to become an authoritative figure in your niche, so consider strategies like making blogs and articles, using influencer marketing, digital PR and so on. By creating content that sparks emotion and promotes brand awareness, businesses can increase their reach, engagement and ROI.
2. Consideration Stage: Buyer defines problem & researches options to solve it.
TOP TIP: Offer key features based on your buyer’s pain points.
3. Decision Stage: Buyer chooses a solution.
TOP TIP: Your buyer is now ready to make a purchase! Ensure they complete the buying process and become a loyal customer by sending your audience exclusive offers, promotions and bonuses to create a sense of urgency.
4. Action Stage: Where they take your desired action.